Monday, February 9, 2009

Just Between Friends


Vineyards At Auvers

This post is dedicated to all my frens who have been with me for the past 20 years of my life...

Being a friend means mastering the art of timing.
There is a time for silence.
A time to let go and allow people to hurt themselves into their own history.
And a time to pick up the pieces when its over.

-Gloria Naylor


Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.
-Helen Keller


No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your right to grow.
-Alice Walker

i think if its at all possible,
your best friend and you owe it to each other
to make some space just to be alone together again,
That way, you can talk a bout what you were,
and that feels good.
You ca also talk about what you are - thats trickier,
but if you're lucky, that feels good, too.

-Elizabeth Berg


Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is by far the best ending for one.
-Oscar Wilde


A mile walked with a friend contains only a hundred steps.
-Russian Proverb


In my friend, i find a second self.
-Isabel Norton


With every friend i love who has been taken into the brown bosom of the earth
a part of me has been buried there,
but their contribution to my being of happiness,
strength and understanding remains
to sustain me in an altered world.

-Helen Keller


It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
-William Blake

(belive me, i would know! ive been there...)


When you're down and troubled,
and you need some love and care,
and nothing is going right,
close your eyes and think of me
and soon i will be there to brighten up even your darkest night.
You just call out my name and you know wherever i am,
I'll come running to see you again....
You've got a friend.

-Carole King


Autumn Landscape

There are no strangers here - only friends i havent met.
-Anonymous

If you want happiness for an hour - take a nap,
If you want happiness for a day - go fishing,
If you want happiness for a month - get married,
If you want happiness for a year - inherit a fortune,
If you want happiness for a lifetime - help someone else.

-Chinese Proverb


I can say that my friends are the defining point that makes me, me.
I learn from them,
they learn from me,
i eat with them,
i go to classess with them,
i laugh with them,
i go shoppin with them,
i experience life with them,
i write my lifes story with them being among the main characters...
You are
SIMPLY a part of my life.
and im a part of yours.
-Esmael Yahya


Toodles...

4 people give a shit!:

Eizla Izham said...

Beautiful ;)

aMaeBa said...

tanx lola!
:D

Miss Twinkletoes said...

a friend is someone whom walks in when the rest of the world walks out...to have a friend like a person who understands you the most is a person who have the same soul as yours...

you've said about friends..which comes from your heart...very beautiful..

aMaeBa said...

tanx kak nad!

Post a Comment