Saturday, January 31, 2009

Trumpets and Notepads

Olive Garden 1889

i still miss my days when i was in highschool, both in VI and when i was studying in TIKL. i can still remember the laughs and tears i had during those 5 years of
studies,
band practices,
debate training,
tuition classes,
detentions,
prep,
and so much more....

my 3 and a half years stint in VI was a very memorable one.

i remember each day waking up at 5.55 in the morning to be the first one up and out of the house at 6.25. each morning listening to ERA.fm while my mom (never to complain...luv u mom!) drives me to school 20 minutes away...

upon reaching school, (usually the school would still be dark) i would be the first person in school to reach the canteen for my usual nasi lemak for breakfast... then by 7.15 we have to line up by the roadside for the daily uniform check by the prefects.

mind u, that if anybody to shows up without a name tag or tie then dentention is in ur schedule for that evening...

classes were ok in VI, nothing much different, but i remember my science teacher... cikgu Asrima (i hope i got her name right!) she was really good! i was really interested to listen to every word she said. she could have lied and i would still believe every single thing.

and then there was the band...

i really loved my tyme in the band...
the band really taught a lot about discipline and respect.
i still can never be late for anytin and i still call people older from me abang and kak, its a kind of like reflex due to the years of training...

i have to be tankful to the band for moulding me to be the man i am today.. and i apologise as to not be with u guys longer - as i need to move on...

tanx for the hardship, the many victories, losses, trip to italy, and most of all the friends i made along the way...

after 3 weeks in form 4 in VI, i decided to transfer to TIKL to concentrate on my studies...
wow! TIKL was so much different from VI! first of all, there were actally girls there..
hahaha!

school was actually so much fun there... even the atmosphere was different...
but u have no idea how hard it was for me to adapt to the lifestyle there... i actually almost lost my mind during my first week there, but i managed to stick with it.

during my time there i actually couldnt commit myself wit any uniform bodies as i feel nothing can be compared to my time in the band..
by my second month in TIKL, i was drafted into the debate team...
i found it really interesting and i agreed to participate.


it was a real roller coaster ride being in the debate team, there i learned ho to study more affectively, how to not sleep at all and still performed well the next day and i also found two individuals who have become like family in my life even till today... our debate team actually was the national champion for Piala Dato Dr Noor Azmi for 3 years! hee...

it was fun and i totally enjoyed the time i was in that school...
the frenz there was really life changing as well..
(maybe i should leave this topic for another post)

as a conclusion, i believe everybody SIMPLY misses and loves the time when we were in school, but life moves on and i think we should use all that we have learned in those 5 years of torture to prepare for SPM and make ourselves a better person and and remember all the people that has helped us along the way... tanx Pn Marina and Mrs Leela

toodles!


0 people give a shit!:

Post a Comment